Realized in scope of special call for financial support under the Erasmus + network Key Activity 2: Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness in Vocational Education and Training as a response to changes in education and training caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Erasmus+ T4SVEN is officially launched today (May 6th, 2021).
Led by the Agency for Vocational and Adult Education (ASOO) from Croatia, the kick-off meeting of Training 4 Skills in the Digital Environment (T4SVEN) gathered all the project partners:
- European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training – EVBB (Belgium)
- Hellenic Open University (Greece)
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- University of Patras (Greece)
While the administrative and financial aspects were discussed and clarified early-on, the kick-off meeting was mainly the opportunity to review all together the different Intellectual Outputs and the possible synergies between the partners to achieve these objectives.
The main objective of the project is to support VET teachers & trainers (t&t) with a set of digital open resources based on digital pedagogy principles, that would equip them with competences for integration of digital technologies with their content-matter expertise and thus enhance effective teaching, enrich the methods of VET delivery, including Work-based Learning (WBL).
The specific objectives:
- develop concept on digital pedagogy with special focus on the WBL in some of the hardest hit sectors due to Covid-19, such as tourism, hospitality and transport
- pilot developed online course on digital pedagogy
- pilot a peer-review approach to validate the final coursework of teachers
- prepare VET t&t for pedagogical and methodical challenges when transferring to digital and blended learning environment
- strengthen networking and international cooperation through partnership between countries and different levels of education
- strengthen networking between VET schools and exchange of good practice, through the implementation of a peer review as external evaluation tool
- promote openness, inclusiveness and innovativeness of VET
Primary target group are VET t&t, while school directors, in company WBL trainers, policy makers, researchers and other stakeholders, and VET students will also benefit from the innovative practices introduced by this project.
The transnational dimension of this project brings together the expertise of different countries and VET systems and it enables mutual learning on digital pedagogy in particular, which would close the identified gap between country, sector and education level practices, making the final output of online course fully transnational and transferable to other countries.
The value of the project is € 257,945.00, and the project implementation period lasts from March 1, 2021 to February 1, 2023.