Training 4 Skills in the Digital Environment
The Erasmus+ T4SVEN project addresses the priority innovative practices in a digital era by developing and introducing guidelines and training for Education and Training (VET) teachers for integrating digital technologies in teaching and learning meaningfully, particularly concerning the distinctive features of VET such as work-based learning (WBL) and sector-specific skills.
The project will support the uptake of innovative approaches to teaching and learning by developing guidelines for integrating technology in digital and/or blended learning environment in VET, focusing on the pedagogical aspect of teaching and WBL as well as the acquisition of practical skills in digital environment. The multinational project consortium will bring an international perspective to the approach reflecting partners’ diverse VET systems, which would boost the potential for innovation and transferability of the methodological framework.
Moreover, peer review of the coursework developed through this project would raise the quality and innovation by creating feedback loops and thus including the users’ perspective, line with quality cycle P-D-C-A (plan, do, check, act).
The project will also support the uptake of digital technologies for teaching and learning by developing and piloting an online course that includes blended learning along with the appropriate methods for assessing learning outcomes. Finally, the project will support VET teachers and trainers not only by developing their competences, but also in investigating the possibility for awarding digital badges to the pilot teachers and trainers to be used in their professional development in all project countries.
The specific objectives are to:
- develop concept on digital pedagogy with special focus on the WBL in some of the hardest hit sectors due to Covid-19, such as tourism, hospitality and transport
- pilot developed online course on digital pedagogy
- pilot a peer-review approach to validate the final coursework of teachers
- prepare VET for pedagogical and methodical challenges when transferring to digital and blended learning environment
- strengthen networking and international cooperation through partnership between countries and different levels of education
- strengthen networking between VET schools and exchange of good practice, through the implementation of a peer review as external evaluation tool
- promote openness, inclusiveness and innovativeness of VET
The three main topics of the T4SVEN project:
• Pedagogy and didactics
• New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses
• ICT – new technologies – digital competences.
> Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training
- VET teachers & trainers
- VET students
- School director
- In-company WBL trainers
- Policy makers
- 2 years (24 months)
Started March 2021
- Project leader: ASOO – Agency for Vocational and Adult Education (Croatia)
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- HOU – Hellenic Open University (Greece)
- University of Patras (Greece)
- EVBB (Germany)
T4SVEN DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT:
This project (2020-1-HR01-KA226-VET-094781) has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use, which may be made of the information contained therein.