“THE EUROPA” Prize
The prize “THE EUROPA” will be awarded to educational institutes, partners of the EVBB and their projects which are aimed particularly at promoting disadvantaged populations and recognized refugees. The projects are contributing to the educational process disadvantaged people undergo. The sculpture may be awarded in recognition of the extraordinary merits for Europe and the foundation as well.
“THE EUROPA” prize of the Adalbert Kitsche Foundation of the EVBB is a female body about 50 cm tall & winged, standing on the European part of the globe with the imprint “EUROPE TERRANOSTRA” (Europe our country, our homeland). The head of the body is modelled like the head of a peace dove. The sculpture was cast in fine bronze. The artist Ladisłav Dryak wanted to use the sculpture to express the idea of a peace-creating, free-to-air Europe. The wings of the sculpture want to protect this idea and carry it into all countries of Europe.
The prize is awarded on occasion of the International Annual Conferences of the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training and is project related. A qualified jury (see below) determines the winner according to pre-determined evaluation criteria.
All submitted projects receive certificates for successful participation in the competition.
Promotion of arts and culture in the educational process
The painter and sculptor Ladivslav Dryak donated some of his works of art to the Adalbert Kitsche Foundation (pictures, sculptures, drawings, etc.) and gave a number of his works (such as the “Don Quixote cycle“) as loans. They can be seen open to the public and accessible for the education system at the “PERMANENT EXHIBITION“ in the rooms and in the EUROPAGARTEN of the EBG (European Occupational and Societal Training Center) in Magdeburg-Westerhüsen. Youths in particular shall take part in workshops, practical exercises and discussions in terms of the purpose of the foundation (connecting education, arts and culture).
Other works of art of the artists Gert Bayer’s “Gebeugtes Kreuz“ and Klaus Gehlen’s “EUROFUSION“ were given as a loan and are on exhibition in the EVBB Europagarten.
Works of art may be on loan of the foundation to exhibitions of other institutions, for example. Objects of art of other artists may be on loan or donated to the Adalbert Kitsche Foundation presented open to the public and accessible for education work in the Europagarten or in the rooms of the EBG.
The Foundation sponsored the publication of the book “Europa – Stier und Sternenkreis”
Members of the panel who award the „THE EUROPA“ Prize:
- Marlies Busch, rector, Düsseldorf
- Janina Boers, Dipl. – Soc. Scien., health manager, Kerken
- Helmut Flöttmann, formerly Head of training at the Miele Cie. & Co. KG company, member of the EVBB advisory board, Gütersloh
- Gisa Kellermeyer, née Wuppermann, Senior established graduate teacher, Mühlheim a. d. Ruhr
- Dr. Heinrich Lippert, personnel management, media educator, Koblenz
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Günter Wiemann, vocational education teacher, Braunschweig
- Ulrich Wiehaupt, Senior established graduate director (vocational school), Chair of the Federal Consortium School/Economy, Kronshagen
- Pastor Edurad Wörmann, Protestant Church, Soest
- Professor Dr. Dr. mult. Gerd-Bodo von Carlsburg, Sinsheim
- Guido von Fürstenberg, Graduate Social Pedagogue, Löhne
- Gisela Sosna, Iserlohn, special needs schools