Vocational Education and Training for Europe
The European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) is the European umbrella association of free and non-profit educational providers.
Its objective lies in the qualitative improvement of vocational education and training in European countries and an increase in the efforts being carried out in education at a European level.
The European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) is the European umbrella association of non-profit providers of Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Its objective is the qualitative improvement of vocational education and training in Europe and beyond and to increase the efforts designed to promote VET as a first choice. EVBB has more than 60 members coming both from the private and the public sector and covers all fields related to initial, advanced and further education and training.
Objectives and Duties
In accordance with its Articles of Association, the duty of the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training promotes youths and adults alike in the following areas:
- providing a liberal education in terms of social, economic and sociopolitical issues taking particular consideration of European policies and policies towards the developing world based on a socially binding, liberal economic and social order,
- promoting technical, vocational or industrial qualification, continuing education and advanced training in addition to retraining,
- providing scientific education,
- providing education with regard to personal or family issues,
- promoting qualification, continuing education and advanced training in the fields of geriatric care, work with the disabled and nursing services,
- developing media and its use,
- promoting environmental qualification.
Awareness of these duties is administered by the members, the executive committee, and the secretariat general, the EVBB quality commission and the annual EVBB international conferences .
Beyond that the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) has set the following tasks for itself:
- It takes a stand on the fundamental questions of vocational training and encourages the advancement European positions.
- It represents the common interests of its members and the European institutes in public and in front of national and supranational authorities, the European Parliament, the European Commission, European institutes and national institutes and authorities.
- It promotes cooperation among its members and encourages building networks between them, organizing vocational education in the member states and at a European level.
- It sets up quality criteria for the work in vocational education to which all members are bound.
- It organizes national and international specialist conferences at which the future prospects for vocational education and training are worked out, positions and points of view and the examples for successful projects in national or European policies are presented as good practice.
- Workshops, courses and seminars are conducted within the scope of the EVBB’s own European projects and those of its members.
- Together with the Adalbert Kitsche Foundation, the EVBB awards at its annual conference the “DIE EUROPA” Prize for innovative projects to promote disadvantaged youths.
Some key activities that have been with dealt with in EVBB projects are
- Quality assurance in vocational education
- Promoting practical orientation in vocational education and training
- The integration of youth into society
- Initiatives against long-term unemployment
- Initiatives against youth unemployment
- European networks, cooperation and projects.
Currently there are 57 educational institutions from 20 European countries and from Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Tunisia organized in the EVBB. There is a total staff of 35,000 working in the EVBB member associations at more than 1,500 educational centers.
Further institutions are currently being considered for membership. Hereby specific acceptance criteria are to be fulfilled.
Our members form a quality and development network and are active as project partners well beyond the borders of Europe, all over the world.
The EVBB is neither politically nor denominationally affiliated. Its activities are not focused on business operations or making a profit. It serves solely and exclusively non-profit purposes within the meaning of the General Fiscal Law as it is valid in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Members Acceptance Criteria
The European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) is interested in admitting new members. Each member needs to meet the following requirements:
• Adherence to the EVBB quality criteria
• Proof of longer-term project cooperation with EVBB member institutes
• Nomination by two (2) EVBB members as sponsors.
You can download the application for EVBB membership here
After filling out please send the application form to the EVBB Secretariat General
Membership Fee Regulations
§ 1 Membership fee
Each member of the EVBB shall pay an annual membership fee that is due at the beginning of the calendar year.
§ 2 Amount of the membership fee
The amount of membership fees depends on the size of the company:
- staff of 1 to 100 → € 600,00
- staff of 100 to 1.000 → € 1.000,00
- staff of over 1.000 → € 0,50 per employee
§ 3 Reduced membership fee
Members from the new EU Member States and candidate countries as of 01.05.2004 can apply for a temporary reduction of the membership fee. The duration and amount is to be determined by the executive committee.
§ 4 Membership fee exemption
A waiver of fees is possible in justified cases. It shall be considered at the request of the member and granted upon approval by the executive committee.
§ 5 Honorary membership
Honorary members are not subject to membership fees.
The schedule of fees was presented to the 24th General Assembly in October 2007 and was adopted to be set in force from 1 January 2008.